Resume Normality

I don't think those electric company workers really knew what they were doing.

There's been three power outages since my last post already, and I'm currently running on computer battery now. I must say that despite my earlier assumptions of not needing a flashlight as powerful as the one I made, it's turning out to be quite helpful.

Hopefully, these power issues aren't because I lifted that wire cutter. Though, it would seem oddly fitting if it was.

I'm going to have to pick up new batteries soon though. Normally I'd pick up some from the workbench downstairs, but there's no way I'm going back into the basement. No fucking way.

So as you can guess, that's still barricaded.

But in the brighter side of news I got some more things:


  • Cloth, double ring belt (1997)
  • Old, iron sewing scissors
  • Tribal necklace (Very good deal from man in china town. Probably a fake or something, but still cool)
  • Old cigar box (Still smells like them)  
  • Antique porcelain doll

Obviously, a very good haul overall. Especially that porcelain doll, woman at the flee market practically shoved it into my arms, seemed desperate about it; of course, the Chinese guy did almost the same thing, but that's part of bartering.

Pro tip for apprentice negotiators: the best tool to get someone to lower the price while bartering is to politely use the words "I think I'll look somewhere else" and walk away. I once had a guy run half a block to me, exclaiming that he'd cut the already halved price if it would suit me. To be noted though, this was in Wuhan, where there are so many bartering markets that the idea of losing a customer to another stand is actually something people care about, so it isn't as helpful in less populous places.

Anyway, I'll get back to posting later.

It's a really cloudy day outside, I should probably get the batteries soon.

~Ji

No comments:

Post a Comment